Macaroni cheese, roast cherry tomatoes & Mathews thick cut bacon.
2 1/2 tbsp butter
2 1/2 tbsp plain flour
parmesan cheese, grated
cheddar cheese, grated
2 1/2 tsp paprika
12 rashers of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F/Gas 6.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the flour and cook for about three minutes, or stirring continuously. Gradually add the milk, a little at a time, to the flour and butter mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon until any lumps have melted and the sauce is glossy before adding more milk.
- Once all the milk has been incorporated, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about three minutes. Stir in the cheddar and half the parmesan until it’s melted.
- Add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce and transfer the mixture to a deep baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and a little paprika.
- Place the cherry tomatoes onto a separate baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Place them both into the oven for around 20 mins or until the Macaroni cheese is crisp and golden on top.
- Once ready leave to settle and crisp the bacon under the grill, when crisped plate along with the macaroni cheese and tomatoes.